FOR FARM INFORMATION & COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON COVID-19, CLICK THE DOCUMENT BELOW. (English version on left, Spanish version on right)
Fact Sheets & Experts
- To search through Ohio State University's Fact Sheet database, click here.
- Looking for an Ohio State University expert? Check out the directory or check in with your local Extension office!
- Additional Pesticide Fact Sheets
- Additional Livestock Fact Sheets
Websites for the Farm Manager
- Agricultural Law & Taxation (now the Farm Office) - The Farm Office website is a project of OSU Extension's Agricultural & Resource Law Program. The program conducts research and provides resources on legal issues that affect Ohio agriculture. The website also houses information on OSU's Tax Schools and Agriculture & Natural Resources Tax Issues Workshop, designed to educate tax professionals and farmers on current issues in preparing income tax returns.
- Agronomic Crops Network - The Agronomic Crops Team is a multi-disciplinary group of Extension Agents, State Specialists and Researchers from Ohio State University Extension, The Ohio State University and Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center. Here you can find information on soil science, agronomy, plant pathology, entomology, agricultural engineering, and weed science.
- Bee Lab - Research and outreach related to honey bees, wild bees, and other pollinators. Check out the Bee Lab's blog: The Buzz
- Beef Team - This site serves as a portal to the most relevant beef cattle information available to Ohio cattlemen. We are committed to providing information and educational materials that will aid in making the management decisions that will maintain an efficient and profitable beef enterprise.
- Farm Management - The program provides resources, including budgeting tools, decision tools, and data and statistics, for those working in agriculture across the State of Ohio and beyond.
- Poultry Team - Extension poultry information.
- Sheep Team - The OSU Sheep Team aims provides education to improve the profitability, viability, and sustainability of Ohio Sheep Producers through an educational process based on scientific information and identified need.
- Pesticide License Information
- Ohio Pesticide Education Website
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Division of Plant Health
- Calculating Dilutions and Site Size for Pesticide Applications
- Fertilizer Certification
- Fertilizer certification is required if you apply fertilizer (other than manure) to more than 50 acres used for agricultural production grown primarily for sale. If you have the co-op or other custom applicator make your fertilizer applications, you do not need the certification.
- Nutrient Education & Management
Online Horticultural Resources
- Buckeye Yard & Garden Almanac and Newsletters
- VegNet - The VegNet website and newsletter are the premier outlet for pest management and production information on vegetables in Ohio, and is supported by knowledgeable and experienced specialist's and Extension educators in the areas of entomology, horticulture, weed science, and plant pathology.
- Visit the Jefferson County Energy Development page here.
- For more up to date information (fact sheets, presentations, etc) from The Ohio State University on oil and gas development check out the Energize Ohio website: energizeohio.osu.edu.
- To reach the Center for Energy Research, Training, and Innovation's webpage, click here.
For the Homeowner
- Ohio Department of Health's List of Certified Soil Scientists - List of SSSA Soils Professionals ertified to work in Ohio and contacts for soil evaluation for septic systems. (Updated May, 2020)
- Water Quality Report Interpretation Tool - The Ohio State University in conjunction with the Ohio Department of Health and Ohio EPA have developed an online assessment tool that offers instant water quality interpretation for Ohio residents.